The Disappearance of the Gods...

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 15:58:57 +1200 (NZST)

David Dunham:

>BTW, I realize I'm not up on how other cultures explain the fact that the
>gods have faded into the background (as it were). Anyone have good
>summaries?

Malkioni: There never was any such thing as Gods for they were but figments of the imaginations of simple people. When the Ice Age was at its grimmest, the fear of people was at its highest and so their fears became capable of assuming material existance. Since Malkion has saved the world, the fear has receded and so the Gods are no longer to be seen today. But the simple pagans have not realized this...

Kralori: The Illusions of the World were most Manifest during the Times of Tearful Trouble. By grace of the Good Emperors, they have been dispelled from the Light of Day and afflict us no longer.

Doraddi: Pamalt is on Holiday.