God Learner Addendum (Scientific)

From: Richard Develyn <richard_at_skaro.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 20:19:33 +0100

It is not abundantly clear to me whether Malkionism equals Science. If it isn't then I'm sure with a bit of work I could accomodate the differences.

In any case from this point forth I'll address my theories from a scientific approach.

I propose the following direct correspondances:

HEROQUEST = MANIPULATION
MYTH = PHENOMENON
WORSHIP = THEORY
GOD = FORCE
MANIFESTATION = MANIFESTATION FORCE predominates MANIFESTATION is simple physical cause and effect. The Gravity manifestation is that things fall to the ground.

THEORY predominates FORCE is a subtle one. Theory tells us what forces exist, how strong they are, and what manifestations they are accountable for. As our understandings about forces change, we change the nature of the forces we deal with, even discarding some altogether, because, I suppose, we don't ultimately know what _real_ forces exist. We're basically stuck with God-Learner style classifications and they continuously change. Even now we don't really know what the true fundamental forces of the universe are.

I realise there may be more to discuss on this.

PHENOMENON predominates THEORY is obvious, I suppose. Theories are no good unless they explain all observable phenomena.

Finally MANIPULATION predominates PHENOMENON describes the way we try to change the world we live in.

The inter-relationship of Myths in the theist model relates to the inter-relationship of phenomena in the scientific one. Myth space chaos theory is a mapping of scientific chaos theory.

Now onto the last addendum...

Richard
Richard Develyn (http://www.skaro.demon.co.uk)