Resurrection examples

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 14:51:52 +0000

Most of the points I would make on this have been made (and made better) by others, but I had to pick up this one:

Chris Bell:
> Didn't Kallyr come back from the dead three times or so?
I know of once, after Old Top. A theory exists (Joerg, Steve and I discussed it) that this was due to her link with Polaris rather than Resurrection. We did have several attempts at Resurection being made, and failing, mainly because the CA couldn't find her spirit (visits to Pole Star not being part of the usual "what happens when you die"). Once they gave up (after a week?), took the body out of the CA temple, and night fell, Polaris could put her spirit back where it belonged, but of course this was actually at her own funeral. Very dramatic.

If you know of other cases of her being Ressurrected, I'd be interested to know where.

We do have Broyan having his death described in two places (once to a demon, pre-Brown Dragon, and once to Harrek in around 1627), so maybe that was a Resurrection for you.

Minaryth Purple is killed at the Brown Dragon incident. Evidence of his being alive afterwards is somewhat dodgy to my mind, but seems to be accepted by others.

Finally, in River of Cradles, we have a sample PC called Andra who is a CA initiate and child prodigy. She has several items given to her by grateful resurrectees. Yes, plural. This kid has sacrificed for this 3-point, one-use spell several times already in her short career. Sounds unlikely to me, but that *is* an official source for those who care.

Jane Williams jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/gloranth/