Trickster, and then some

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 08:59:49 +0300 (EDT)

> Dave Pearton said:

> So trickster is an agent of change because he has to be (and he can't
> change that ;).

Trickster is the personification of the raw force of change. It's really no wonder that most of it's followers are said to be insane. Still, following the way of Eurmal gives one great power... if one can handle it. It's too bad Greg apparently doesn't like Tricksters... which is strange, since it's perhaps the most interesting cross cultural mythical figure (On Terra, as in Glorantha)
  Still, it's _the_ way for heroquesting. Trickster is in _every_ myth that involves change.

  ---

On another point...

> Ah, ok. I'll take this point on. What I meant by Orlanth was _the_ Storm
> God. What I was proposing was that if a god owns a rune, or rather owns
> the basic force which has been classified into a rune (to answer an
> earlier point you made), then if he is destroyed then that basic force
> has to go. So if it's not Orlanth, it's whatever _the_ Storm God is.
> This is just the theist approach, though.

Actually most of the original sources/owners of the runes have been destroyed one way or the other. Umath, for instance, is said to be bound and broken. Probably means he's dead. The forces don't go away tough, they get passed along, and personified in other things and beings.

        -Adept

"thinker, dreamer and adventurer"