More Witch Talk

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 17:45:06 +0100

Doyle Wayne Ramos-Tavener, the man who says that chaos haters can force their oponents becaome chaotic by hating them, and thus presumably believes that desert god worshipers can make their enemies wet, says :

>would be two spells in this approach; the first would be something like

>'Become Garangi', which would allow the caster to become voluntarily
>Chaotic. The spell would also allow them to deceive Storm Bull senses.

Why? What is your mythic justification for this, other than simply 'becasue it would be neat'? Are the Garangi associated with some blue moon style secrecy and concealment magic?

>Whatcha think about that?

Poorly thought out and unecesserily messes with the way Glorantha is known to be.

>There is have the view (or, I believe the view to be prevalent) that
chaos
>and Praxian culture are separate things. I believe differently. I
believe
>that the entirety of the Praxian conception of the Cosmos relies so
much on
>Chaos, that, in the holistic sense, they are, and have always been,
Chaotic.

What you are saying is that the praxian way of life is not possible without chaos. Where do you get this idea? What is it about the lifecycle of the herds, the presence of water in the oases and the magic they recieve from Waha and Eiritha that is dependent on the existence of chaos?

>I believe the opposite. Because Praxian culture is dependent on the
>opposition with Chaos, that which they oppose can be made Chaotic.

Where is this dependence, and what is it's cause? The necessity of fighting chaos has caused the praxians to adopt certain patterns of behaviour, but if chaos ceased to exist they would still worship Storm Bull as their war god, and would still roam the plains raising their herds.

>Why? Well, because it makes sense to me, in a kind of poetic way.

Perhaps in the sense that some poets were barking mad too, you mean? ;)

Simon Hibbs