MPME & Crystals (rulesy)

From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 18:03:25 -0400

> I was re-reading the RQ3 rules the other day, and I realised that the
*only*
thing that can be done with a magic point matrix, crystal, or POW spirit = is
to power spells. You cannot top up your own MPs with it, and cannot draw from it during spirit combat.

That's the way I've always played it, and every other game I've been in also.

In Gloranthan reality, I know of only one Divine spell that replenishes M= P
during spirit Combat, the 3-point Earthpower. It seems plausible that a type
of crystal might exist, being the blood of some related god, which would allow MP restoration. IMG, it exists now I've been given the idea, but i= s
pretty rare.

As for borrowing between players, my sorceror has most of his MP reserves=

as
bound spirits (and a familiar with over 30 MP, acquired with the help of = a
shaman
who owed him a -big- favour). He keeps a couple of MP matrices without conditions, and once or twice a day he goes round the other members of th= e
party
who are on full MP saying 'Gissa magic point', taking one from each and using
them to help power a long-duration spell.

Andrew =