Re: Spirits

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 10:05:41 +0100

DWRT's piece on Witches (great source documents, shame about the sociological rationale and proposed game mechanics: next you'll be telling us Chaos doesn't really exist!) included this:

> The Praxians of my acquaintance call liquor "spirits", by which they imply
> the old belief that such drink allows one to speak with the Ancestors.
Thus,
> they explain the effect of inebriation.

In our freeform "Life of Moonson", the word "Gin" is explained as the Pelorian name for a kind of "fiery spirit". I *do* enjoy this kind of thing! Thanks.

BTW, any news on the Gloranthan Weekly / Fortnightly / Monthly / ???

Nick
:::: web: <http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Nick_Brooke>