RQ Sight vs Illumination

From: joelsona_at_superman.cig.mot.com
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 07:27:45 -0500

Frank Rafaelsen:
>The way I understand it RQ sight and Illumination is supposed to
>be two different things. They are supposed to be similar but not
>the same, right? Now, RQ sight managed to annoy 'cosmos' so much
>that it had to remove it. One wonders how long before it does the
>same to Illumination?

     The RQ Sight did not annoy the Cosmos, the Godlearners did. RQ sight is just one of the tools they used to mess things up.

     IMO, Illumination is about grasping the totality of things, which allows one to see the truths beyond seeming paradoxes. RQ Sight was about breaking everything up into understandable chunks...

     Argrath destroying the Lunar Empire is not a parrellel case. Even if you do not ascribe to the RQS/Illm theory above, please note that the Kralorelan 'Enlightenment' is similar to Illumination, and we have no reason to beleive that this process (or even Illumination) was wiped from the world. Illumination goes back to the Godtime; Yelm was Illuminated.

     (As to Enlightenment vs Illumination, I will stick with Sandy's explanation that each is a different path to the same destination. Each process yields the same results.)

>On Godlernerism and Witches:
> ...And to be perfectly fair, Mr Devlyn's theory is, according to Occam's
> Razor, better since it explains the darkness of Shadow's Dance, the
> rains of Dragon Pass and lack of color in Arolanit.

     Odd, from my reading of this debate I would have drawn the opposite conclusion; Mr Delvyn's arguments seem much more labored.

     I'll have to weigh in with Nick, Peter, and the rest of that crowd, though I do admit that they seem to be getting a bit testy with the way Mr Delvyn is ignoring their request for proof of some of his statements. He called on RW Sun-Worshipper theories, and the history majors on the list (including Nick, I beleive) have called him on it. No response...

          Andrew

The Muse struck me the other day, but I am recovering nicely...