More God Learner

From: John Murphy <talor_at_webtv.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 17:59:46 -0400

Sorry to go on about a touchy and much debated subject, but as a Glorantha Neopyhte I have a question of sorts. I don't agree with everything Richard D has been advocating in recent posts, but the idea of worship creating Gods may have some merits?

Now worship may not create they wind, sun, ocean, chaos, tapping, or whatever part of the natural world exists, but I do believe that it creates the personification of that force to the worshippers. A lot of digester would agree that Heroquesting can change the interpratation of a deity. The way people worship a deity must have similar influence. Thus while you may have one sun, you can have many different sun gods. I don't think a lot of people would dispute this. Your typical Orlanthi of 3rd age Dragon Pass would not believe or understand this, but the God Learners did. Thats what I got out of Richard's inital post.

My question from this how did the GLers come up with this (or whatever great relization they had)? We know the Jrusteli philosphers had Malkoni roots, but any speculation on what put them on the path to Runequest sight ect.? Heroes have a big impact on Glorantha, so who were the God Learner Heroes?

John