LBQ

From: Steve Rennell <software_at_spis.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 13:13:21 +1100

Eric asks
> Does anyone know where I can get details of the stages of the LBQ?

Try King of Sartar.

It's a bit sketchy, so I don't know if it can be called "details" but it's the best I've found.

I've tried running a SacredTime LBQ reinactment off that description, and hoped to have something written down with more details, but had a really bad week at work, and ended up winging it, The Humakti Sword representing the guardian of the Hall of the Dead really ruined their day...
Out of 5 PC's, 2 loved it, 2 liked it, and one felt bored... sigh, can't please everyone.

End of Next Game Year, I'm hoping to do it again with more details and more roles to play. If anyone has any comments or suggestions I'd love to hear them.

One of the things that is most different about my current RQ game from all my previous games (all using RQ2 with extras) is my appreciation of the hero plane. Most of my players are new to Glorantha, but the world is coming alive to them as a place where everything is magical. I'm trying to do this by such things as flash backs to their initiation quest, (having a party with coherant backgrounds helps this a lot) and having people sucked onto the hero plane at appropriate moments (They had the two humakti on guard on the Holyday to ZZ and H, of course they'd get sucked into a ZZ Heroplane Ritual as enemies...) and roleplaying through the end-of-year rituals.

My biggest problem is coming up with myths for them to be part of in their sojourns onto the HeroPlane. Anyone got any advice on where to look? (G's "Myth of the Month" helps, but I think my game is way too central (Olanthi Sartarite pseudo-exiles in Prax & Sartar) for most of the info I can find... )

Steve

Steve Rennell, South Pacific Information Services Ltd, Christchurch, NZ

* SPIS Webview 4.0 Offline Browser and Webwatch 2.0 Site Monitor
* Climbing out on the web - A Web site Primer
* TCompLHA/TCompress File and Database Compression for Delphi/C++
Find all the above and MORE at http://www.spis.co.nz/