Western Agimori

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 21:18:41 +1200 (NZST)

Adam Betteridge:

>Can anyone give me information about Agimor in the west, I
>recall hearing/seeing something about them living there. What sort of
>civilisation do they have? Where do they live? What sort Religion do
>they follow? Any information you can give will be appreciated.

The people you are thinking of are the inhabitants of Pithdaros, near Nolos. They were originally dwellers from all over Doraddi Pamaltela. At the Sunstop, they received dire omens and so constructed magical boats that would allow them to sail to Genertela on the Other Side to war against the Bad God.

When they arrived, they were greeted by King Ulmal of Seshnela who told them that the Bad God was worshipped by the People of Ralios and he too was at war with them. After several battles against the Ralians, the Pithdarans came to realize that what the Westerners knew as the Bad God was defeated by the Ralians eleven generations before and they had somehow been delayed in their journey. Disgusted at the lies told by King Ulmal, they seized the land which is now called Pithdaros and promised to wait until the Bad God comes again. A lament they composed is printed in 'Lords of Terror' and given some more explanations in Drastic: Chaos.

Having cut themselves of from their native traditions in making the journey, they had little choice but to adopt the Malkioni Faith of their neighbours. They accepted the Creed of the God Learners for they had been persecuted by King Ulmal and in the Third Age, they adopted the teachings of Rokar.

Pithdaros by its location appears to be part of the Quinpolic League of Pasos which would mesh with their historical distrust of the King of Seshnela. I would make the land a duchy with its Doge swearing allegiance to the Doge in Serene Nolos. They have a good naval tradition but their squadrons have a notorious reputation for being late.

RW equivalents of the Pithdarans would be Othello the Moor or Leo the African.