Illumination and enlightenment

From: Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 00:44:27 +0200

Andrew:

> (As to Enlightenment vs Illumination, I will stick with Sandy's
> explanation that each is a different path to the same destination.
> Each process yields the same results.)

Stupid to disagree with both Andrew and Sandy perhaps, but think illumination and enlightenment are diametrically opposed on an abstract level: while it's very hard to become illuminated if you try consciously for it, I think long and hard study is needed to reach enlightenment.

The lunars explain illumination as finding your seventh part, the divine within yourself. That is not how the Kralorelans reason. They would rather say that enlightenment is finding yourself within the divine.

Then again, such distinctions may be rather blurred to the onlooker.

Frank:

>Exactly! The very same results; arrogant people :)

Exactly! The very same results; _humble_ people.

Nils Weinander | Everything is dust in the wind nilsw_at_ibm.net | http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689/