CA Healers

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 11:14:04 +0000

Stephen Lucek said, as a axiom from which his arguments followed:

> If you chose to becoming a priestess of Chalana Arroy over other
> cults, you are loosing all the really spiffing magic that those other
> cults provide. Specifically Ernalda, ...

Why do you think a CA initiate must lose her membership of Ernalda? I thought the general idea was that all members of an "Orlanthi" clan are initates of either Orlanth or Ernalda depending on their gender, with mebership of additional cults being common. I can see that a male CA initiate might have to leave Orlanth (or pick an Orlanth sub-cult?), as the combat requirements for Orlanth initiates might been seen as conflicting with CA vows. But Ernalda? Where's the conflict?

The only loss of abilities I can see is due to the CA vows. Less fighting ability than the norm (though self-defence is allowed), vegetarian diet (would this be a problem?), needing to keep those white robes clean. This may be difficult for the Healer, but hardly poses much of a burden for the rest of the clan.

Jane Williams jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/gloranth/