Haunted Lands trivia.

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 3 May 1998 19:47:57 +1200 (NZST)

Joerg Baumgartner:

[I objected to Joerg claiming that the Kitori ruled the northern portion of 'Esrolia' on the grounds that it went against the Pharaoh's system of government].

>>Karse is ruled by Heortlands,

>Apparently Karse is not directly a part of the kingdom of Heortland. At
>least not of Richard's Kingdom of Malkonwal, which didn't raise a single
>lance to defend the city from the Lunar assault.

And the relevance of King Richard is? He took power a year _after_ the King of Heortland and the Pharoah died. So whether his country did or did not include Karse is immaterial to the issue of whether the Pharaoh grouped Karse into Heortland.

>>I hardly think there was good land north of the Shadow Plateau.

>Why? Hrestol Arganitis made a river journey up the Creekstream River from
>Karse to Far Point. He doesn't mention any desolation on his way, but
>reports thriving towns all the way.

I am talking about the land north of the Shadow Plateau before the Lead Hills were formed. Thus no river ran through those lands save the runnel.

[Pharaoh's laziness]

>>The New River is still some distance from the Stone Cross. So how
>>could he have known that the Crossline was open. Even as late as
>>1316 (or so), everybody talked about the Colymar clan that got
>>eaten when trying to cross near Centaur's Cross.

>Have you ever wondered: how did the Colymar know?

Because Colymar had moved into the Dragon Pass circa 1300? Besides if the Colymar know then it does not mean that the Pharaoh knows.

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #589