Re: illumination and enlightenment & more

From: Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 08:24:09 +0200

Julian Lord shows that he has embraced the paradox:

> This is an absolutely true, and yet generally false statement,
> which I agree with completely!

To the point!

Jose Ramos on divine intervention:

>>d) What limitations would God have in answering DI?
>
>Well, a God whose existence cannot be proved except by faith will not answer
>many DIs. A big limitation IMO.

Hmm, participants in malkioni worship receive a "good feeling" as a "preview" of Solace. Not as tangible as a rune spell, but more than a leap of faith. Furthermore, the saints were exemplary worshippers of the IG and they can give you undeniable evidence of their existence. Surely that is proof enough for the IG's existence?

However, I don't think the IG grants divine intervention other than in very special cases (the reveleations of the prophets). But I do think the saints can perform divine interventions, although somewhat limited in scope.

And a "bravo!" to Nick for an excellent description of mainstream malkioni attitude towards the many gods!

Nils Weinander | Everything is dust in the wind nilsw_at_ibm.net | http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689/

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #597