RE: Bound Spirits, Illumination

From: Hibbs, Philip <philip.hibbs_at_tnt.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 19:33:45 +0100

Eric Hansen:
>If you have a problem with the sharing of magical resources, just insist
>that all enchantments be built with limits,

That seems a little excessive, either charging an extra point of POW or giving away a free condition with every enchantment.

>and don't give out many living
>magic crystals.

I don't. I think there are 2 live crystals in my (high-magic) game, and that's been going for nearly ten years now, on and off.

The Crimson Brooke:
>Other than a general dislike for being understood, I can't see
>why the Cosmos would necessarily want to get rid of Illumination,
>which is both more natural and less intrusive.

Well, you would say that, wouldn't you! Illumination tries to integrate the crawling cancer that is Chaos with the perfection expressed in the Ideal Universe, like Malia Tersea is an attempt to integrate foul disease with healing! Git orff moi laaand! ~:-{>

Peter Metcalfe:
>But the Yelm cult calls this state of conciousness Illumination.
>It was known of circa 200 ST or so before Nysalor was born.

"Illumination" and "Enlightenment" are effectively the same word, like an "Allied Spirit" is often called a "Familiar". I don't see that the word used implies that Illumination as per Cults of Terror writeup existed before Nysalor, just that Enlightenment (whatever that is) was also called Illumination.

http://members.tripod.com/~PhilHibbs/
  A single death is a tragedy
a million deaths are a statistic

         Josef Stalin