Re: More God Learner

From: Mittmann, Mike <Mike_Mittmann_at_affymetrix.com>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 15:42:21 -0700

Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com> says:
>John Murphy says :
>
>>I don't agree with everything Richard D has been advocating in recent
>>posts, but the idea of worship creating Gods may have some merits?
>
>If this is true, then it implies that all the theist cultures in
>glorantha are self-deluding fools.

So let's look at Pavis then. We agree he is a god (yes?). I don't think he was born a god. (do you?) So it looks to me like there was a transition in there somewhere. Did worship have anything to do with
that transition? ( I would claim that the transition would have been much
more difficult without worship).

>(...) Furthermore, all theist doctrine and spiritual
>philosophy is meaningless and has no moral force.

I'm a resident of the U.S. of A, something which (IMO) qualifies as a fantasy.
Do it's laws have no moral force because they were not handed down on stone
tablets?