FHQ ideas

From: danny bourne <d.bourne_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 14:43:10 +0100

PM:>Nevertheless some memories of those events still remain. The
>FHQ gained her powers after found her 'sisters, who had been
>missing for many years.'

Ah well I read this differently. (Actually I read Feathered Horse Queen as Queen of Feathered Horses, rather than the Queen herself being feathered [either literally or metaphorically] - does that make sense?)

My reading of the 'sisters' is the missing, mystical and magical original horses - ie Hippogriffs and that the FHQ has been Heroquesting to bring these beasts back to Glorantha. (In fact, if I remember rightly, [tho' you'd have to ask Simon Bray or Martin Hawley] part of the current Heroquests that the Grazers are doing to transform the FHQ into a new deity encompasses her five stage Heroquest in Engiziland). As she completes each stage of her quest, her horses regain the mythical parts of hippogriff lost over the years - the golden eyes, feathers, claws, wings and fiery breath. I think this is a tool for the FHQ to mythically absorb solar powers (flight & fire) from the original worhship of Yu-Kargzant and add it to the earth powers she already has.