Bumblebees and Bent Spoons

From: George W. Harris <gharris_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 13:53:03 -0400 (EDT)

>From: "Jane Williams" <jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk>
>No, I meant it. RW Mundane Law says inter alia that bumble-bees can't
>fly, and that Uri Geller can't bend spoons. And it's wrong.

        Actually, Mundane Law says that bumblebees can't fly if they have rigid wings, but they don't, and Mundane Law is down with that. Mundane Law says that Uri Geller can't bend spoons without physically touching them, and whenever he's been tested in controlled circumstances, he hasn't, so Mundane Law is down with that as well.

        Would 'Bent Spoon' be an acceptable Dutch name? - --
Doesn't the fact that there are *exactly* 50 states seem a little suspicious?

George W. Harris                        gharris_at_dur.mindspring.com