RE: Enlightenment and Illumination

From: Hibbs, Philip <philip.hibbs_at_tnt.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 18:24:04 +0100

>>"Illumination" and "Enlightenment" are effectively the same word, like an
>>"Allied Spirit" is often called a "Familiar". <snip> ... just that
>>Enlightenment (whatever that is) was also called Illumination."
> Actually, I don't agree. IMO, Illumination is about learning to
>to embrace/resolve paradoxes. Having done this, the totality of Creation
>becomes apparent. Enlightenment is about achieving 'Oneness' with all
>creation; having done so, one notices that seeming paradoxes aren't
>really self-contradicting.

You misunderstand me (I'm good at being misunderstood). I'm not saying that Kralori Enlightenment is the same as Nysalorian Illumination, which in turn may or may not be the same as Ylemic Illumination. I was referring to the etymology: Enlightenment (the word) means the same as Illumination.

http://members.tripod.com/~PhilHibbs/
You never know what is enough
unless you know what is more than enough.