Re: Solace

From: Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 19:53:43 +0200

Nick:

> The state or location or condition of "Solace" is utterly beyond the
> understanding or experience of non-Malkioni peoples. You cannot reach it,
> see it, visit it, heroquest to it, or call people back from it, whether
> using shamanism, sorcery, rune spells, or any other means. What's in Solace
> doesn't come back, save through miracles (like the extremely rare
> appearances of Saints and Prophets post mortem). Indeed, the ability to
> remain in communion with the world although in Solace may be the
> distinguishing mark of holy persons in the West.

My theory is that Malkioni saints are rather like mahayana buddhist bodhisattvas, i.e. they have achieved Solace but chosen to remain "hovering" between the mundane world and Solace in order to help the remaining people to be good and virtuous so that they can also goto Solace upon death.

Nils Weinander | Everything is dust in the wind nilsw_at_ibm.net | http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689/