Illumination & saints

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 10:09:38 +0100

Nils Weinander :

>> > I have no particular proof of this, except that the Lunars use
>> >riddles and Riddlers to acheive their ends, and the Kralorelans use
>> >study & mediatation. Sounds like appoaching from the opposite sides

>> >to me.
>>
>> So what is it that they are approaching from different directions?
>
>Reintegration of the One and the Many.

And this is different from actual Illumination and Enlightenment?

Perhaps you are right that the methuds used to attain Illumination and Enlightenment differ, but surely the ultimate states of conciousness achieved are of the same nature?

The illumination writeup in Dorastor says that not all illuminates have all the listed powers, and that different schools of illumination commonly acheive different apparent effects. I imagine this is also true of Enlightenment.

I imagine that many illuminates would be considered by the Kralori to be Enlightened and vice versa. However, perhaps there are some illuminates that Enlightened Kralori would not accept as being Enlightened. I have no idea how the distinction would be made.

Simon Hibbs