Re: Malkioni saints

From: Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 08:16:00 +0200

Peter:

> >But, looking at Glorantha there are exceptions from the
> >model suggested here: Malkion and Hrestol are saints who
> >give belssings and they are _in_ Solace.
>
> Which merely begs the question of the need for the
> boddhisvatta parallel in the first place.

Well, if you don't need it, don't use it of course. I see the following reasons for standing by it for now:

> IMO I would simply
> junk hairsplitting technicalities about whether a Saint is in
> Solace or not. Instead I would posit the existance of spiritual
> realms beneath Solace (a la the Muslim Seven Heavens) and (to
> borrow from Dante) people these with Saints who exist at the same
> time in Solace. The lower realms are populated by the more
> worldly Saints and whom are more easily accessible whereas the
> higher realms have more aloof saints who are more powerful yet
> more difficult to reach.

This is a longer step from the published information about Solace, and more hairsplitting since it posits simultaneous existence in and out of Solace, but I am sure there is potential for cool stuff here. Do a full writeup of this and convince us!

Nils Weinander | Everything is dust in the wind nilsw_at_ibm.net | http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689/