A little mix

From: Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 08:33:45 +0200

George Harris:

> Well, in the Lore Auction at GCII, I posed to Greg the question if
> the achievement of Solace for Malkioni was in anyway similar to the
> achievement of nirvana for buddhists, and he rather vehemently denied the
> suggestion.

So as not cause any confusion: in my case, the bodhisattva analogy does _not_ mean I think that Solace is like Nirvana. I think only that the saints have postponed Solace like bodhisattvas postpone Nirvana.

Julian Lord:

> Really: Is Saintliness different from or the same as
> either Enlightenment or Illumination or both?
> If it is different, in which ways is it different?

Different I think. Illumination and Enlightenment seems to put you "above" cultural and religious factiousness. Saints OTOH are the the most eminently malkionish Malkioni?

> Also: What is the difference between Holiness
> and Saintliness in Glorantha?

What meaning do you put to the words (more semantics)?

> PS There can, I think, be living Saints, as the
> Apostles certainly were in RW, at least when filled
> with the Holy Spirit. So I'm not sure that the
> boddhisatva(sp?) analogy is quite true for
> Malkionism. Could be wrong?=

Good point. Examples?

Richard Develyn:

> Now what you're saying here is that most of what they know is handed
> down through oral traditions, since I don't suppose many of them chat to
> dragons and giants. One has to start wondering how accurate any of this
> could be beyond a few hundred years.

Not very. That's why different people have different myths about the same thing.

> How does a Gloranthan know that a crystal is crystalized blood of the
> gods? Is the inspiring evidence really evidence? I know Gloranthans in
> the 1600s _believe_ it, but are their beliefs all we have to go on?

Heroquesting to the gods' war, see a deity bleed and its blood congeal into luminous crystal?

Nils Weinander | Everything is dust in the wind nilsw_at_ibm.net | http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689/