Re: Orlanthi Myth-History

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Thu, 14 May 98 07:06 MET DST

Simon Hibbs discussing with Simon Phipp :

>Lokamayadon was defeated, and Harmast used his people's myths rather
>than creating new ones, at least that's my understanding of it. The
>Orlanthi also pulled out of the Nysalor project.

The Heortlings pulled out. The Dorastan and Talastari Orlanthi remained in the project, led by Lokamayadon.

Loky's defeat occurred only after Arkat had liberated Kerofinela.

>>In the Second Age they incorporated Draconic thought
>>patterns and even created new forms of Orlanth.

>However they EWF Orlanthi were almost completely obliterated by the
>Dragonkill.

I'd guess that quite a number of EWF Orlanthi fled the Pass region after 1042, and again after 1100 when the Golden Horde slowly advanced across the land. Many ended up in North Esrolia or modern day Heortland (only to have their able-bodied men mustered and marched against the horde under the OOO's command). Others may have fled to Aggar (quite early freed by Alakoring) or north into Saird before the Horde formed, and may have been part of that horde. IMO the Dragonkill cost the life of about half the people still living in EWF lands after 1042 (of course a generation later), whose numbers had already diminished as entire clans or even tribes had ascended into dragonhood.