Re: Basmol

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 10:26:40 -0800

Allen Wallace

> What if someone heroquested Waha Kills Basmol from the Basmol POV and
> kicked Waha's butt, and this altered ritual was reinforced?

It would no doubt strengthen the Basmoli quester, but it's not going to change history any more than if a Yelmalio quester happens to defeat Zorak Zoran on the Hill of Gold quest. That quester will have fire powers, but Yelmalio still doesn't.

(This would definitely be a difficult quest, since the mythic odds are stacked mightily against the quester. In my Ralios game, the Basmoli hero wasn't stupid enough to try it; he was using a Basmol the King myth.)

Robert McArthur

> > Someone could heroquest to bring Basmol back from the dead, but the fact
> > is he still died and no amount of heroquesting will change that.

> Like Yelm ;-)

If you ask Yelm's worshippers, they will deny there was any heroquest involved in Yelm's self-resurrection. And shouldn't they know best? The heroquest you refer to was Orlanth's humble petition for forgiveness.

And keep in mind that *everybody* killed Basmol, across Genertela. (Three Ralian versions are in Enclosure 1.) Even if somehow this is no longer relevant in Prax, he's still dead in the West.