Myths and HQ

From: richard <richard.develyn_at_nwpeople.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 09:49:30 +0100

Thank you all for all the thoughts on changing myths.

I think the satement which resonated most with my own thoughts was this one from Simon Phipp:

>Not at all. If the Quest succeeded and Basmol was proven not to have
>been killed, the future generations of Basmoli would look back at
>their ancestors and say "It is a shame that our ancestors spent their
>lives thinking that Basmol had been killed. We are lucky that we
>found out that he was not killed and that he is with us." In the far
>future, they may well forget that Basmol was ever thought to have
>been killed. If the Basmol escapes Tada Quest became super-dominant
>then people would be amazed that anyone tried to perform the Tada
>kills Basmol Quest as it was doomed to failure so why bother.

Moving on:

Apart from HQ, what is your opinion on how people in _normal_ Glorantha interact with the Hero Plane. In particular:

  1. When you worship, do you _see_ the myths? If someone was HQing in the myth you're looking at, would you _see_ them?
  2. Again when you worship, do you affect the myths? One person alone ain't going to do much, but imagine a clan who arrive at their favourite watering hole and find it polluted. Through their combined worship for help and inspiration, do they manifest a putrid watering hole in the Hero Plane, ready for someone to HQ to sort out?
  3. Could you ever come across someone HQing in _normal_ Glorantha? If the myth they're HQing in involves some place which exists now, would you see them at it if you were there in person? Would you be sucked into the Hero Plane?
  4. If someone HQs a myth which represents something which happened in the past in _normal_ Glorantha, could they change history or geography? If someone entered the Waha kills Basmol myth and, to be a little less drastic, changes the nature of the fight so that Basmol spills little or no blood, what would happen to the crystals which were formed from that blood - would they cease to exist?

Cheers

Richard
- --

Richard Develyn                                 Tel: (UK)-1732-743591
Principal Architect / Development Manager       Fax: (UK)-1732-743597
Network People International                    http://www.nwpeople.com

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #620