Re: Lunar Answers

From: TTrotsky <TTrotsky_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 18:52:00 EDT

Richard Develyn:

<< I guess the roving searchlight idea doesn't work anymore then?>>

     Why wouldn't it? The Black Orbiter circles the moon, so whenever its on the opposite side of the moon from you, the moon is full. That's going to depend on your geographical location, just as predicted by the 'searchlight theory'. The fact that the moon itself doesn't spin is irrelevant.

 <<This "point of darkness", does it just fire onto the red moon, or does it fire down to Glorantha as well (and Yelm, etc)?>>

     Just onto the Red Moon. It does affect Glorantha indirectly, in that when its in between you and the moon, the moon is black/dying, so there's less moonlight. IOW, the Red Moon unshines by reflected darkness, rather than shining by reflected light as the RW type does.

 << Nick: > O folly! When She Who Comes is manifest, all the heavens and earths, waters > and darknesses will return to the state of primordial celestial order.
> Naturally, this state will be presided over by Yelm, Emperor of the
> Universe. But what could be more (ahem) "Yelm friendly" than the arduous
> struggle to re-create this state?

 Will she then be dark when Yelm travels the underworld?>>

      In the state of primoridal celestial order, Yelm will never be in the underworld since we will have rid ourselves forever of the shackles imposed by the short-sighted foolishness of Rebellus Terminus. As Yelm never set in the Golden Age, he will never set in the Age to Come and the digijelm and their kind will be vanquished forever.

<< is it... the case, that those elemental creatures we call Lunes, are in fact embodiments of divine wisdom? Why do we direct them at our enemies? >>

     Because of our generous natures and the desire to give all the chance to partake in the revelation of the Red Goddess. Clearly our enemies are in most need of this instruction, or they would not be our enemies. Is it our fault if their barbarian brains can't cope with the universal truths of our superiority and they go barking mad as a result?

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky