Re: Lunar Answers

From: TTrotsky <TTrotsky_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 18:50:06 EDT

Richard Develyn:

<< Me: As Yelm >never set in the Golden Age, he will never set in the Age to Come and >the digijelm and their kind will be vanquished forever.

 How will we see the White Moon - Yelm blinds us when we look skyward?>>

     The same way that you can see the moon during the day in the RW.

  <<Does Glorantha reflect Yelm's light?>>

     Yes. Since it doesn't glow of its own accord, you couldn't see it otherwise. The Red Moon, however, like the stars and planets gives off its own light - except on the dark side, where as I mentioned, a nearby unbright source of darkness causes it to look black.

Fun With Lunes:

 <<But wait! Surely we should initiate them into the ways of the Red Goddess a slow step at a time, so that we may stand a better chance of converting them from their barbarian ways. Should we not reserve Lune-exposure for our wisest teachers?>>

     Kind of tricky in the heat of battle. You are clearly a closet White Moonie/Arrolian Heretic/Other Kaftan-Wearing Dropout and seek to denigrate the achievements of our glorious Red Army by accusing them of unecessary violence! May the Goddess enlighten you and bring you to a proper state of patriotism towards the doubleplusgood Lunar Empire!

 <<Nick:
> To confound them and make them poo their pants. Whyever else?

 What if they're not confounded? Is this not a tremendous risk we take, that our enemies may learn our wisdom and use it against us?>>

    If they gain wisdom they won't be our enemies any more. By definition, a wise man would not wish to act against the Lunar Empire.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

    Trotsky