Arachne Solara

From: David Cake <dave_at_starfish.net.au>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 00:03:45 -0800

>I doubt if Arachne Solara is worshipped in a normal cult, but she can
>be contacted and interacted with - the above deities managed it as
>did a Demigod in the First Age who wrapped her in her own net to
>enable the Sun Stop.

        Pelorian shamans (and presumably other shamans in theory at least) are able to contact Arachne Solara, but the ritual is tightly controlled by the Red Emperor so that only a select few are given the opportunity to do so legally. This is documented in my Pelorian Prosopaedia (which is in need of some updating, I note in passing), and I think the original reference is in tFS.

        Arachne Solara pops up in the innermost rituals of certain cults very occasionally, without being invoked directly, I think. At least, she sometimes appears in the most holy rituals of Gerra (ref. Entekosiad), and I don't think Gerra is likely to be unique in this.

        Arachne Solar does not respond to direct worship, but that does not mean she cannot be contacted, and it also does not mean that she cannot occasionally be invoked via indirect worship (ie worshippers of Cragspider/Aranea can worship Arachne Solara indirectly, and can ocasionally invoke Arachne Solaras power of fate as a result).

        Cheers

                David