Re: Deezola Qs

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 08:47:30 +0100

___
Ian asks:

> 1) how were Lunes invented, and by whom?
> from shades by Jalakeel? Deezola?

Lunes probably weren't "invented", any more than Selenes or Shades or Sylphs or Undines were. I'd imagine they were first summoned in the Zero Wane, either manifested directly by the Red Goddess or else called forth from her by Jakaleel the Witch (who is the source of Lunes according to "Cults of Prax"). I can't think of any major association between Lunes and Shades, or Lunes and Deezola.

> 2) What are the cult of Deezola's runes?

Unknown. I'd guess: Fertility, Harmony, Empty Half Moon. Her "Special Rune" would be a combination of these, perhaps? (GoG Prosopaedia).

The original Seven Mothers cult mythos and the Zero Wane History of the Lunar Empire have the only details on the Carmanian Occupation of Rinliddi in print. Both should be online at <www.glorantha.com>. I am not sure where your statement about Deezola comes from. If you want to read a modern Lunar subversive novel about pre-Lunar Torang ("Accursed Torang"), you can find four chapters of Chris Gidlow's "Seleric Verses" in each of Tales #16 and #17. Bloody good stuff.

> 4) Someone many weeks ago on the Digest talked of the position of
> the 7 muthas cult, in relation to the individual cults of its 7
> members. Can someone explain what this relationship is again?

Why not look it up in the archives? (Where are the archives??)

> What is/was Sunspider??

Another name for Arachne Solara at the Eclipse (Sunstop)?

> Was Deezola a Priestess of the Blue Moon, or am I misreading a
> reference?

She wasn't, AFAIK.

Nick
:::: web: <http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Nick_Brooke>