Glorantha Computer Game FAQ

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 10:26:01 -0800

At Glorantha-Con VII, with the aid of art director Stefano Gaudiano and writer-designer Robin Laws, I announced the licensed Glorantha computer game, "Opal." Several attendees were lucky enough to buy some of the original art from the game (including the cover of Enclosure 2).

Here's an FAQ:

What is Opal?
Opal is the code-name for a turn-based strategy game set in the world of Glorantha.

Opal is the saga of colonizing a magical land. You control the future of a small clan which has decided to colonize the empty land of Dragon Pass. For 100 years, you make the decisions to keep your clan members happy and well-fed, and ensure they will be remembered forever as a great clan.

Of course, yours isn't the only clan which has emigrated to Dragon Pass. You will have to cooperate and compete with other clans of your own people, as well as folk you know nothing about.

Your goal is to become King of Dragon Pass, uniting all these people through diplomacy, magic, and battle. (The objective for a shorter game is to forge a tribe and remain king for ten years.)

What computers does Opal run on?
Windows 95 and Power Macintosh. (Windows NT is not yet tested.)

Do I need to know about Glorantha to play Opal? Not at all. The game provides the background you need to know.

When can I get Opal?
We're still talking to publishers. But we expect it will be available by Christmas.

Can I be a beta tester?
Submit your qualifications, including hardware configuration, to <opal_at_pensee.com>. Unfortunately, due to the complication of mailing CDs, we probably won't have many overseas testers.

Can I buy art?
Yes! And you can proudly display it on your wall. You may not reproduce it in any form -- those rights are reserved by A Sharp.

If you saw a piece you'd like, e-mail me, and I'll get you in contact with the artist. More original art will be available once the game is released.

David Dunham              A Sharp              dunham_at_pensee.com
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404            http://www.pensee.com/dunham/

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #635