Re: Tolat

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 17:58:54 EDT

Xavier Llobet:

<< I recently wanted to create a new charachter and I decided that it would  be a bold Trowjang amazone from the distant island of the same name, in Teshnos. But the problem came when I noticed that I knew NOTHING about the God of these women, TOLAT.

 PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! CAN ANYBODY TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT HIS CULT !!>>      No official cult write-up for this cult exists, nor is there one available on the Web AFAIK. The closest one could come is the cult of Shargash (in Enclosure #1), the Dara Happan god that represents the celestial body also associated with Tolat. Like Tolat, Shargash is a war god, so a number of the spells and requirements would be similar (bar the fact that Shargashi are generally male and Tolati obviously aren't). However, there are significant differences. Firstly there's the different cultural milieu, for which there isn't much information beyond that in Genertela CoHW - although you can find some info. at Peter Metcalfe's website that really addresses Teshnos proper rather than Trowjang. Secondly, Tolat has a much greater emphasis on fertility than Shargash does; although the latter does have a Green Path that might be used as a guideline.

      So I'm afraid the only recommendation I can make is to take the cult of Shargash and modify it in ways that seem right. Then maybe you can become the expert on all things Trowjangi, and tell *us* all the answers :-)

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky

 I'D BE VERY PLEASED WITH ANYBODY WHO CAN GIVE A DESCRIPTION OF THIS    CULT, spells, holy days, runeladies, skills... WHATEVER!!!!!!

 I'll pray to Lhankorn Mhy meanwhile...