Re: The Gemborg Evacuationists

From: Erik Sieurin <BV9521_at_bhs.utb.hb.se>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 18:50:59 +0100

Nick Brook:
> THE GEMBORG EVACUATIONISTS

Bloody marvelous!

Some comments:
> He [the renegade Gold] claims to represent a dissident movement
> determined to do something about it.

There is grounds to be afraid here for more than one reason: On one hand the Mostali are incredibly prudent, slow-to-act, and anal-retentively careful, but on the other hand they are also down-to earth (or even below it) practical about the most astounding things. 'Do something about it' _can_ mean that there are dwarves who want to, say divert the flows of molten lava into adjacent or not so adjacent non-Mostali territories. Or shoot down a star, to hit the lever which will lower the heat and pressure. Deep impact.

> According to this, our sole source, they are confecting elaborate plans =
for
> relocating the entire Gemborg community to some other site.
See above: this might include Gemborg itself... roll over, Rover, be a good mountain.

"The Owl and the Pussycat went to sea, in a beautiful pea-green boat..."
>From "The Owl and the Pussycat" by Edward Lear

Erik Sieurin
bv9521_at_bhs.utb.hb.se
Bodagatan 39, 2 tr