Arfritha Vale and bows

From: Jeff Richard <jrichard_at_cnw.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 20:29:22 -0700

Jane writes:

>Trying to read up the history of the Colymar, I keep finding the "Arfritha
Valley"
>mentioned. I can't find it on any map. Anyone want to tell me where I
should be
>looking?

Easy enough. It is the vale to the east of the Thunder Mountains. The river that runs from Fair Jowl, past Red Bird, Famous Bell and Jonstown, is the Arfritha River.

I just wanted to second David Dunham's comments on bows. The use of the bow is not murder according to the Orlanthi. Proud huscarls and heroic kings might consider it cowardly, but it is a common weapon amongst the Orlanthi. As David wrote, murder according to the Orlanthi is only those acts constituting "secret murder". Otherwise it is compensible manslaughter.

Jeff