Aggar

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 20:07:18 +1200 (NZST)

Ian Thomson:

>2) there are intelligent jolanti in aggar resuced by Gonn Orta
>I remember reading something about this somewhere, but can't recall
>where

Jolanti entry in the Glorantha Bestiary. They were rescued during the Elder Race Wars in the sixth century.

>In the gloranth book it says aggar is one of the most troublesome of
>Lunar Provinces

It is the wildest and least civilized which is not quite the same thing as 'most troublesome'. Sartar is a more troublesome province than Aggar at the moment. Its lack of civilization (in lunar terms) is due to it being a remote dead-end. The only places one can travel through Aggar to are Talastar and Dorastor, neither of which are desirable locations.

Take a look at http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha/aggar.html to make sure that you have all the details.

>my main ideas so far are that it is troublesome because it is a
>bizarre mystical place with some unusual properties, which is why the
>city and the jolanti are there, and part of how the city survived the
>fall of the EWF

I doubt think the city of 10 000 magicians causes that much disturbance within Aggar as the lunars are trying to prevent people from entering. It's also a repository of sorcery and not EWF draconic magic as such.