Discussing Hero Wars

From: Robin D. Laws <rdl_at_ican.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 1998 13:05:23 -0400

Folks -

Both the playtest demos at recent cons, and the seminar I gave at GC7, were public events. Nobody had to sign a non-disclosure agreement to take part in them. So if you want to discuss either or both on this list or anywhere else, feel free to do so.

I don't think we need to be concerned about a discussion on this list turning into an exercise in design-by-committee. I'm pretty militant about avoiding such situations.

If people forget that the demo game they played was a work in progress, it's easy enough to remind them.

While I'm on the subject, I'd like to thank all of the GMs who took on the high-wire task of learning a game one day and running it the next, the players who provided feedback by filling out questionnaires, and the many people who got up at an ungodly hour to attend the two GC7 seminars I gave. The enthusiasm of the Glorantha community is always inspiring.

Take care >>> Robin