Re: Hero wars: the Criticism

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 14:52:59 +0100

Peter Metcalfe :

>Bolloxs. There has already been discussion of the game FYI and to
>imagine that the game is so fragile we must avoid all discussion of
>it lest We Utterly Ruin It by Malicious and Spiteful Criticism is
>rather hypersensitive methinks.

Fortunately that's not what I said, or implied.

>BTW did you tell people at the German Con to avoid discussing it
>for similar reasons? If not, why not?

No, because that was "disclosed in actual playtests or in the context of the game's ongoing development."

Widespread dissemination of information about the playtest version of the game risks the game being judged outside of that context.

Of course this isn't an ideal world, so compromises have to be made to strike the ideal ballance. Glorantha fans quite reasonable want to find out about the game, but I personaly would rather hear about it from people with actual experience of playing it, rather than critiques of the text from people who haven't.

These are my opinions. You don't have to agree with me, but frothing at me about it isn't going to help anybody.

Simon Hibbs