Re: The Glorantha Digest V5 #641

From: Chris Bell <argrath_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 1998 11:57:01 -0400

Does anyone have details on the cults of Shargash, Dendara the Entekos, Erissa, and other Pelandan/Dara Happan deities, in RQ3 terms? I'm curious how these cults would appear in an RQ3 format. Also, how would the Godlearners reconciled them with the rest of Genertelan mythology (spefically Uz, Kralori and Orlanthi myth?)

These days I'm curious in 'outsider' views of various deities. Frex, how Dara Happans and Carmanians view Orlanthi deities from Sartar and Esrolia. It definitely seems that the Lunars have a very cosmopolitan view, acknowledging the Lightbringers in their myths, while seeing them as enemy or outdated deities. While the whole Lunar vs Orlanthi thing has been done to death, I'd be curious to see, say, how a Shargashi warrior from Alkoth would view a Sartarite tribesman and his strange gods, and vice versa.

Are there any shared myths of Shargash and Orlanth, Godlearner-created or otherwise? How do Pelorians and Dara Happens feel about the Cult of Yelmalio, for example? From the impressions I got from www.glorantha.com, it seems that some Dara Happans feel that Orlanth is a debased version of the Great Destroyer. Peloria-philes, help me out!

Aloha,

Chris Bell