Elmali at the Hill of Gold.

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 00:04:11 +1200 (NZST)

Thomas Gottschall:

>when an Elmal worshipper does the Hill of Gold HQ (probably
>a weaker form of it as initiation) he loses his fire powers
>if he succeeds in the quest (meaning he does like his god
>did). But what does he gain ? Just nothing ?

An Elmali does not lose fire powers because the Elmali do not have fire powers. I assume however that the Elmali goes up the hill to retrieve the Spark of Life to bring back to his local community (parallels with the Aztec ceremony is intended here). This is based on the assumption that the Vanchites are worshippers of Elmal based on a comment in CiP that there is no Sun Dome Temple at the Hill of Gold. IMO the Elmali who do not live in Vanch would not know of or think important the HoG myth.