Hill of Gold Quests

From: N.J. EFFINGHAM <eng7nje_at_arts-01.novell.leeds.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 1998 13:18:47 GMT

>Hi everyone,
>
>when an Elmal worshipper does the Hill of Gold HQ (probably
>a weaker form of it as initiation) he loses his fire powers
>if he succeeds in the quest (meaning he does like his god
>did). But what does he gain ? Just nothing ?
>
>Or does he gain some powers, from Inora, Vinga, Orlanth or
>even Zorak Zoran ?

I'm tempted to say that as Elmal faces the same problems as Yelmalio (for instance, Yelmalio fights Orlanth, Elmal fights Shargash, Yelmalio and Elmal both fight Inora, ZZ and Chaos and they are rescued at the end) that the Elmali HOG gives them the same Immortality that the Yelmalio HeroQuesters get. I don't think Elmal fought Orlanth at the HoG, my version of the story is on my webpage,

Nikk E.

Nikk Effingham
eng7nje_at_leeds.ac.uk
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Lair/7556/