Pelorian gods

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 14:38:42 +1200 (NZST)

Chris Bell:

>Does anyone have details on the cults of Shargash, Dendara the Entekos,
>Erissa, and other Pelandan/Dara Happan deities, in RQ3 terms? I'm
>curious how these cults would appear in an RQ3 format.

Shargash is given a Pendragon Pass type writeup in Enclosure #1. You should be able to convert it to RQ3 terms with little difficulty.

For Erissa, use the Chalana Arroy writeup in GoG but substitute 'Restore Vision' for 'Cure Chaos Wound'. She doesn't have the same list of associated dieties as Chalana Arroy

Dendara/Entekos's cult is very complex and depends on what cult you are simulating (Pelandan? Dara Happan Dendara? Entekos?).

>Also, how would the Godlearners reconciled them with the rest of
>Genertelan mythology (spefically Uz, Kralori and Orlanthi myth?)

There's no real need to reconcile as the basic identities had been worked out during Nysalor's Empire. Thus when the God Learners came into contact with the Orlanthi, they pretty much had an idea of what the Pelorians knew.

>These days I'm curious in 'outsider' views of various deities. Frex, how
>Dara Happans and Carmanians view Orlanthi deities from Sartar and Esrolia.

What the Priest says in GoG is a good starting point.

>How do Pelorians and Dara Happens feel about the Cult of Yelmalio, for
>example?

The Empire acknowleges that Yelmalio is the Son of Yelm. Some conservative diehards disagree.