Re: Arachrune Solara

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 18:45:19 +0100 (BST)

TTrotsky:
> Alex Ferguson:
> << If you take RQ3, Book 5 seriously (which is at least an amusing exercise),
> then her runes are Infinity, Infinity, Magic, Magic. (Hilarious.)>>

> Surely: Infinity Infinity Magic Magic Mastery Mastery?

Indeed so, my mistooken omission. (Even more hilarious!)

Peter Metcalfe:
> I must nitpick here. The Invisible God, Uleria and Flamal are the
> holders of the Law, Fertility and Plant rune respectively yet their
> runes are not doubled, because they also have the infinity rune.

Indeed; but Arache Solara is not the "original owner" of any of her three (allegedly), so ought to be Rune+Rune, rather than Rune+Infinity, at least by that thinking. (Which falls down in a couple of cases anyway, even in its own terms, I know.)

> Whether Infinity
> should be doubled is probably moot as it is still infinity (I don't
> think anyone in glorantha has discovered Cantor Numbers).

Equally, has anyone in Glorantha discovered the arithmetic(ally trivial) properties of transfinite cardinals? One could equally say that AS can have as many infinity runes as She likes...

All a bit of fun, as Peter Snow would say.

Cheers,
Alex.