A public apology

From: Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 08:39:57 +0200

I, Greg Fried and Sandy have made a mistake in one of the East Isles articles in Tales #17. The running sidebar "A Selection of some of the Isles of Dawn" is drawn from a document where we have collected all islands described so far.

None of us checked it thoroughly before submission, so we failed to notice the fact that some of the islands come from the Oceans & Islands draft (authored by Sandy and Greg Stafford) and some from MOB's notes from Nochet.

That means that we failed to ask for Greg's and MOB's permission to use them and to include them as sources for the article. We are sorry about the negligence and have apologized in private to Greg and MOB and to David Hall who, as editor, got caught in the cross-fire.

I wanted to post this on the Digest as well, to preempt speculation by well-read and sharp-eyed digesters.

Nils Weinander | Everything is dust in the wind nilsw_at_ibm.net | http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689/