2000% (follow from Dwarves)

From: richard <richard.develyn_at_nwpeople.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 10:20:39 +0100

[Last Rvcd Dig 649]

I understand the reason for this (make all rolls crits). It interests me to contrast the approaches taken by different (simulationist) games in tackling huge (heroic) skill levels. RQ is one of the few I know which doesn't top out. Furthermore, in RQ2 at least, the learning curve plateaus out to a steady INT % (IIRC).

At the other end of the spectrum was a game called Dragonquest (now defunct I believe) which had quite severe restrictions (e.g. you could only learn 4 ranks with "club" - about 20%). This added a nice little feature in that when you were moulding your character you could choose to pursue simple but effective weapons (club) or complex time-consuming-to-lean weapons (rapier).

Richard
- --

Richard Develyn                                 Tel: (UK)-1732-743591
Principal Architect / Development Manager       Fax: (UK)-1732-743597
Network People International                    http://www.nwpeople.com