Re: Arfitha Vale and the Hero Wars

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 15:33:14 +0100 (BST)

Jeff "Citation Index" Richard writes:
> (howdy Alex)

Hey Jeff, how's the form?

> >Capsule summary: appears to agree with Jeff Richard's information
> >(much as this pains me), and to disagree with the Trollpak map. Oh
> >well.

> Why should this pain you, Alex? That I have caused you pain brings great
> sorrow into my soul. I weep with sadness. :)

Well, apart from the inherent painfulness of said agreement, in this case the other answers were argued from in-print sources, and my initial reaction was that Peter's answer was correct. I feel like an Accessory to Gregging... Also, the TP map is such a good one (bumster cool?) I'm vaguely annoyed at the idea of it being wrong.

If this is indeed correct, BTW, is the second river the "real" Boranni?

BTBTW, having quoted "Fairjowl" in my reposted message, I now can't find it. Any pointers to a map (in print!) that marks this location?

> When my source is a published bit of information, I usually happily give
> it. In this case, it is unpublished

I imagined it might be, as was mine own -- I still think it's useful to at least do some basic Source Triage on such "references"; to wit, It's In the Book/I Made It Up/Secret Knowledge. Or at least, it always seems to have been a good idea in hindsight, after there's just been a flamewar on the subject, so perhaps an ounce of prevention...

Slainte,
Alex.