RE: The Glorantha Digest V5 #654

From: Bernuetz, Oliver: WPG <Bernuetz.Oliver_at_cbsc.ic.gc.ca>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 17:25:00 -0400

Nils asked:

>Has anyone does any work fleshing out the Wind Children?
>They are among the most fascinating inhabitants of
>Glorantha IMO, but I find very little information
>about them.

There's an interesting scenario in the Viking RQ pack that goes into a bit of detail about the Wind Children which I imagine wouldn't be that far off from Gloranthan "reality".

Nils also suggested anti-Aldryami techniques Uz might use and Aldryami countermeasures:

>That said, the Aldryami have countermeasures of course.
>Their shamans try to drive out the insect spririts
>and the herb masters brew sap into a fluid which smells
>very temptingto bark beetles and use it to create
>"traps" where the beetles drown in water or can be
>crushed.

Sort of like putting bowls of beer out for wasps? If they did use beer they'd probably get trolls too:->

Oliver D. Bernuetz
www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/realm/5545 bernuetz.oliver_at_cbsc.ic.gc.ca