Fonrit & Afadjan

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 16:31:22 +0100

I finished reading through the excelent material on Afadjan in Enclosure 2 last night, it realy is excelent stuff. Congratulations to all involved. I've had an interest in Fonrit for a while so I was especialy pleased to see this in print. I hope this opens the door to roleplaying in this exotic and so far little known corner of Glorantha.

What we now need is a working description of the Fonritian religious and magical traditions. There are a few cults present for which we already have descriptions, notably Pamalt. There are Orlanthi and Malkioni too, but each are found mainly in their own cities and seem very different from their Genertelan cousins.

Many Afadjani seem to worship at many shrines and temples as their mood and personal needs change. Permanent initiation into a particular cult may be rarer than we are used to in Glorantha.

Perhaps Spirit Magic is particularly important to most Afadjani. Maybe they worship and sacrifice at a temple in order to get the spells they need for a particular task, or changing their magical repertoire to suit the fashions of the season. Last year Fireblade might have been the spell to have, while this year nobody would be seen dead using anything other than Bladesharp. Such fads would change depending on which cult currently recieves the Jann's personal patronage. Temples would vie with each other for the attentions of the powerfull, wealthy and fashionable.

Nick B, perhaps we've found a home for the Ripe Fruit Party in Glorantha?

I'm sure I'll be able to find a place for the City of the Black Toga somewhere in Fonrit. If Chaosium can do it with Sanctuary/Refuge, why not Lankhmar?

Simon H