Re: MAPS

From: Peter Linton Tracy <937058_at_bud.cc.swin.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 16:48:28 +1000 (EST)

> Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 15:33:14 +0100 (BST)
> From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
> Subject: Re: Arfitha Vale and the Hero Wars
>
> Also, the TP map is such a good one (bumster cool?)
> I'm vaguely annoyed at the idea of it being wrong.

It is not wrong, simply not to scale. I found that the dubious and duplicitous nature of Gloranthan maps to be not merely a great frustration, but an absolute boon. I've tried to put together all the maps I have from official sources, and my own maps, making they slightly off from each other, as were RW ancient maps. Alied spirits however, make great aerial cartographers.

> BTBTW, having quoted "Fairjowl" in my reposted message, I now can't
> find it. Any pointers to a map (in print!) that marks this location?

I think either in Codex or RQA, maybe even very early ToTRM, it was possitioned somewhere on the western side of the mountains of Boldhome, not far from Apple lane, but still the other side of Pighollow. I would have a good view of Clearv(w)ine from its hilly roost.

I set a little scenario about pigs there. ;-)

I think the Codex has the right map, or the Lismelder/Humakt special ToTRM.

Peter T
Back after looooong absence.