RE: Resurrecting resurrection

From: Hibbs, Philip <philip.hibbs_at_tnt.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 11:26:46 +0100

>Returning to a topic raise some weeks ago: I also feel uneasy about
>the Resurrection spell. It should definitely have a chance of a chaotic
>payoff (subject/caster gains mark of chaos, subject returns possessed
>by chaotic spirit etc.)

Why? I don't see the justification of this. Yelm wasn't tainted by chaos, was he?

I certainly think that resurrection could do with a bit more colour, even if it's as mundane as a list of special requirements. For instance, a non-Orlanthi (in the cultural sense) can only be resurrected if their killer takes part in the resurrection ritual.

http://members.tripod.com/~PhilHibbs/
You never know what is enough
unless you know what is more than enough.